Our newest technology is the BIA (Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis) which is a method of assessing your “body composition”. It is an integral part of a health and nutrition assessment.
Research has shown that body composition is directly related to health. A normal balance of body fat is associated with good health and longevity. Excess fat in relation to lean body mass, known as altered body composition, can greatly increase your risks to cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and more. BIA fosters early detection of an improper balance in your body composition, which allows for earlier intervention and prevention.
BIA provides a measurement of fluid and body mass that can be a critical assessment tool for your current state of health.
BIA also measures your progress as you improve your health. Improving your BIA measurement, or maintaining a healthy BIA measurement, can help keep your body functioning properly for healthy aging. Your BIA results can help guide us in creating a personalized dietary plan, including nutritional supplements when appropriate, and exercise to help you maintain optimal health and wellbeing for a lifetime.
In a matter of a few minutes the BIA provides us with very accurate measurements of your:
1. Phase Angle: Reflects cell membrane integrity and overall cellular health. Cell membrane is made of cholesterol and omega 3 fatty acids.
2. Intracellular Water (ICW): Increases in ICW indicate improved nutrition status and improved overall health
3. Extracellular Water (ECW): Increases in ECW indicates toxicity, inflammation, acidity, infection, and/or mineral imbalance.
4. Fat Mass: Excess levels are associated with all major degenerative diseases. Fat stores toxins, converts healthy hormones to toxic hormones and opposes insulin.
5. Lean Body Mass (LDM): Optimum levels are associated with healthy aging, vitality, and better resilience against stressors.